Monday 11 May 2015

My husband encourages me to flaunt my cleavage and wear mini skirts – Actress Funke Etti(The Concluding part 2)

Read from part 1...

How often do you go to the salon?

I don't frequent at beauty parlours. I love looking natural and sometimes I make African hairdos like shuku, didi and the likes.

You don't feel odd when your friends are wearing brazilian hair and you do shuku?

I don't feel odd at all. I live a very simple lifestyle. Even if my friends wear gold and I wear local beads, I am very comfortable like that.

What would you never be caught dead wearing?

I don't think there is any dress I cannot pull off. Maybe wearing pant and bra on the street, that I cannot do. Even bikinis, I don't like wearing them whenever I go to swim.

Why do you love tattoos?

I have only one tattoo. The tattoo I have is a very small one and it is the picture of a star. Most of my friends in the industry have tattoos and one day, they came to me that we should go and get a tattoo. When we got to the shop, the artiste showed me a picture of a big tattoo he wanted to draw on my body. When he put the needle on my skin, I began shouting, telling them that I was not interested in having a tattoo anymore. When the artiste saw that I could not endure the pain, he said that he would draw something small and that was how I got the little star.

Can you still get another later in life?

Never, it is too painful. I don't think I can endure such pain again. After the pain I went through, I always imagine how people with many tattoos on their bodies did it.

Most people believe that fair girls easily get roles in films…

That is a huge lie. If you are fine but have nothing to offer, you cannot get roles. You have to be talented and have something to put on the table before you are given roles. It does not matter how beautiful you are. It is just a misconception.

You don't seem to like wearing jewellery…

It's part of my style, I like being simple. I have lots of jewellery but I hardly use them.

How about make-up?

Although I have three different make-up artistes that style me, it is only when I am on set or I have an outing that I make up. I like looking natural and because of that; I hardly use make-up.

But do you bleach your skin?

Often times I have heard people say I bleach but it is a lie. Don't mind them. They believe that once you are fair, you have bleached and I try to correct them that it is not so. I am naturally a fair skinned person.

How do you combine being an actress with your marital role?

It has not been easy but God has been my strength. I still find time to cook for my family. My husband's favourite meal is yam and egg and I always find time to cook other dishes for him....

*** This message has been sent using GIONEE M2 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment